Friday, March 7, 2008

The joy of company parties...

So we just got home from my husbands company party. I would have to say on the 10 point fun factor, it rated maybe a 5.

Don't get me wrong, it is fun meeting a large gathering of total strangers with whom you have nothing to talk about.....for 4 fun filled hours.

The finger food this year was actually better than last years pickings, but still, not enough to fill you up without making yourself look like a pig. I got to say though, the shrimp was HUGE! Almost like small lobsters, so that was a bonus.

After the "feast" the blackjack tables were open for business. Now we are talking. Last year, they had a No Limit Texas Hold 'Em table, which, I must say, is my game, but blackjack is fun too...

The way these tables have been run in the past, at the end of the night, all your winnings are counted up and those who have won the highest amounts get to choose from a table of prizes ranging from trips, to big screen to T.V.s.

Last year, we won the laptop on which I now blog to you on :)

I had my game face on and hubby and I did really well. In fact after taking an unscientific poll of the other game players, we figured we ranked probably second or third in winnings.

The prizes this year included air hockey tables, big screen t.v.s, trips and the prize my hubby coveted most....a playstation 3.

Well, apparently, someone thought it would be a good idea to take the highest winning 20 or so people, put their name in a hat and draw out prizes.

Yeah, we ended up with 2 dvds and a coffee mug....LOL.

Let me tell you, it was sooooo worth sitting there for 2 hours after the games ended, watching the drunks make fools of themselves.

We decided next year, we may just order a movie and a pizza and have a real party. haha.

Oh, I will post some pre-"party" pictures in the next couple days.

Have a great weekend all!

No comments: